There are artists in my extended community who truly blow me away with their energy, intelligence and abilities. I am constantly amazed at the level of commitment and tenacity, not to mention the level of artistry I am presented with by my peers and by artists who come to me for coaching and career consultations. I am also in awe of how legions of artists have learned to take their careers into their own hands by utilizing websites and blog formats. My blog is still in its infancy and I’ve yet to find the right formula to share information for artists while showcasing work for my collectors. I do LOVE the fact that this little blog has so much potential…..we’ll see where it goes. I am working on it.
Today I was happily surprised to be given an award for my blog by an artist/blogger/colleague/friend Casey Klahn. Casey is a pastel artist and super blogger from Washington State. His exquisitely minimal pastels remind me of why I chose to work with this medium in college. I was influenced by an exhibition of George Segal drawings and sculpture at CSU Long Beach. Segal produced a series of simplified figures in bold pastel colors. Casey’s work has a similar immediacy. He has a kinship with Wolf Kahn but I always think of those George Segal drawings…..Thank you Casey! You have inspired me to blog and blog some more.
The Noblesse Oblige Award is given for the following accomplishments:
1.The blogger manifests exemplary attitude, respecting the nuances of different cultures and beliefs.
2. The blog inspires, strives to encourage and offer solutions.
3. There is a clear purpose at the blog and it is one that fosters a better understanding of social science, politics, economics, the arts, culture, science or belief.
4. The blog is refreshing and creative.
5. The bloggers promotes friendship and positive thinking.
The rules are as follows:
1. Create a post with a mention and a link to the blogger who presented the award to you.
2. Display the award conditions.
3. Write a short post about what your blog has thus far achieved.
4. The blogger must present the award to blogs in concurrence with the award conditions.
5. The blogger can display the award at any location on their blog.
In kind, I am presenting this award to intuitive artist, mandala maker and blogger extraordinaire Sue O’Kieffe.Learn More
I’M LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING SOME OF YOU IN LOS ALTOS THIS WEEKEND, MAY 16-17 FROM 10-5, BOOTH 301
LINCOLN PARK, FOOTHILL EXPRESSWAY, LOS ALTOS, CA. THANK YOU TO ALL OF MY COLLECTORS AND FRIENDS!
Art Fair Season is upon me and My Mac is crashing. Something about an unresolved kernel panic. I am not good at this……But I’m excited about going to Los Altos next weekend and setting up to show my new pastels to a town that holds many collectors of my work. For the past 10 years I’ve been attending this and other shows in the West, this year I’ll be at only a handful of select venues but Los Altos is always near and dear to me. My supportive collector base has made me an invited artist year after year and put me in the #1 space of the show, right smack next to the entrance and for that I am humbly grateful. Hopefully my computer will hold out this week – I’ll have to have a technological epiphany or read the manual and neither scenario is going to come naturally.Learn More